Today on the 70th anniversary of Israel’s declaration of independence, the US moved its embassy to Jerusalem while Israeli soldiers have killed dozens of Palestinians and wounded thousands who were protesting and trying to cross the Gaza border. We hear excerpts from a speech of scholar Norman Finkelstein on how holding Israel to human rights standards in war have failed in the past.
Norman Finkelstein is an American political scientist, activist, professor, and author of “Gaza: An Inquest Into Its Martyrdom.”
Please keep us on air, click here to support KPFA:
- Letters and Politics Democracy and Marxism Pack $100
- BOOK Gaza: An Inquest into Its Martyrdom by Norman Finkelstein $180
- CD KPFA Event with Norman Finkelstein $75
- DVD KPFA Event with Norman Finkelstein $100
- Combo Finkelstein BOOK + DVD $240