Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Calls mount for Biden administration to end Trump era immigration policy after viral video of border patrol agent whipping Haitian immigrant.
- Democrats on deadline to increase debt ceiling or face government shutdown; Republicans refuse to increase debt.
- President Joe Biden holds COVID-19 Summit, pledges 1 billion vaccines to low income countries.
- San Francisco International Airport mandates workers be vaccinated.
- Public health experts and pediatricians testify to COVID-19 impacts on children.
- Windy Fire burns 31,000 acres and threatens Tule River Indian Reservation.
- San Francisco Public Defender sues Superior Court for indefinitely detaining inmates without a trial due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Photo of San Francisco Public Defender Mano Raju speaking at rally for speedy trial by San Francisco Public Defenders Office.