Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Extreme Texas 6-week abortion ban now law of the land, as the Supreme Court’s conservative majority is silent on emergency appeal to the law.
- Top U.S. military leadership refuses to rule out further cooperation with the Taliban on strikes against the self styled Islamic State group known as ISIS-K.
- 30 California children stuck in Afghanistan, after U.S. troop withdrawal.
- No “peace dividend” as 17 Democrats join Republicans to increase pentagon budget by $25 billion, despite end of Afghanistan war.
- The first reports emerge of oil slicks and spills from the petrochemical industry on and offshore Louisiana following Hurricane IDA.
- Colorado police officers and paramedics charged with manslaughter and others charges for death of 23 year old black man Elijah McClain.
- Caldor fire grows closer to South Lake Tahoe, as firefighters make progress in battling blaze.
- Los Angeles City Council commits to ambitious plan of 100% renewable energy by 2035.
- Janitors rally in Los Angeles, Orange County, Sacramento, San Diego and San Jose day after union contract expires, demand higher wages and benefits.
Photo of the Caldor fire, by Dave Cochran Chief of Reno Fire Department.