Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Missouri black man, James Strickland, freed after 42 years in prison for triple homicide he did not commit.
- Three white men found guilty of murdering black man, Ahmaud Arbery, while jogging through their neighborhood.
- California oil and gas fracking permits on downward trend, ahead of Governor’s 2024 ban.
- Bay Area Congress members detail anticipated funding from $1 trillion infrastructure law for local projects.
- Federal benefits running dry for 250 Afghan refugee’s resettling in the Bay Area from Taliban rule in Afghanistan.
- World Health Organization says Europe epicenter of COVID-19 surge, warns 700,000 more deaths by spring.
- Bill to reform forced arbitration contracts for workplace sexual harassment and assault survivors advances.
- Bay Area prosecutors form task force to target “smash and grab” thefts ahead of holiday shopping season.
Photos of Ahmaud Arbery and murderers Gregory and Travis McMichael.