Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- House lawmakers begin debate of $1.75 trillion Build Back Better Act.
- Senate to debate $778 military defense spending bill, progressives slam bloated budget.
- Judge vacates convictions of two men for murder of civil rights leader Malcolm X.
- Hundreds of black pastors gather at murder trial of three white men charged with killing black man, Ahmaud Arbery.
- California Attorney General Rob Bonta, argues for California ban on new private prisons in the state.
- Los Angeles Mayor Eric Garcetti urges all residents to get COVID-19 booster shots.
- California Legislative Analyst Office forecasts $31 billion budget surplus, despite pandemic caused inflation.
Photo from Reverend Al Sharpton.