Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Health officials double down on recommendations to wear masks indoors amid surge of Delta Variant.
- New York Governor to require state workers be vaccinated or regularly tested.
- Los Angeles to require city workers be vaccinated or regularly tested.
- Some House Republicans rebuff new mask wearing mandate in the House of Representatives.
- Bay Area restaurants and bars to require mask wearing or testing, local patrons respond.
- Senate moves forward with $1 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill.
- Civil rights leaders increase pressure to pass voting protections in For the People Act.
- Human Rights Watch report accuses Israeli military of war crimes during Gaza attack in May.