Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden unsure whether Democrats can pass voting rights legislation, amidst filibuster debate.
- +100 mayors sign letter urging legislation to protect voting rights.
- 12 members of far right group Oath Keepers charged with sedition for January 6th attack on U.S. capitol.
- Republican Kevin McCarthy refuses to cooperate with House panel investigating January 6th attack.
- Supreme Court rejects President Biden’s vaccine mandate for large employers, upholds mandate for health care workers.
- President Biden beefs up military medical personnel, COVID-19 tests and N95 masks to respond to surge.
- Navient settles predatory student loan suit for $1.85 billion, impacting debts of 350,000 borrowers.
- Nurses hold nationwide day of action to oppose relaxing of COVID-19 safety measures, amidst surge.
- Essential workers in California demand reinstatement of paid sick leave amidst COVID-19 surge.