- Senator John Kerry wins victories in Missouri and Delaware – Senator John Edwards takes his native South Carolina
- Civil Disobedience outside the gates of San Quentin where Kevin Cooper is scheduled to die next week – in Sacramento, 12 State lawmakers urge Governor Schwarzenegger to stop next week’s scheduled execution of Kevin Cooper
- The Bush Administration refuses to bend to Democrats’ demands that President Bush share the responsibility for naming members of a commission to investigate pre-war intelligence on Iraq
- Environmental and civil rights groups mobilize against another Bush Administration Judicial nominee – William Meyers III has been named to the Ninth Circuit in San Francisco
- San Francisco activists and some supervisors denounce what they call the shameless greed of major corporate land owners seeking to lower their property tax assessments
- KPFA General Manager Gus Newport resigns after seven months on the job
Attention: • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • Thanks to Brad Monnette of Redwood City, Joyce Speakman of Oakland, SIGI MITCHELL of Berkeley, Mercy Sequeira of Sunnyvale and Sandy Weil of San Francisco for your donations. • Thanks to SALLY SACHS of Berkeley, Cathleen Plutchok of Palo Alto, Phyllis Luckman of Oakland, DANNY GLOVER of Berkeley and Barbara Sampson of Concord for supporting us. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Larry Beauchemin of Fairfield, William Roller of Berkeley, Sarah Bridge of San Francisco, Ixtanyolha Esquivel of San Leandro and Robert Baldock of Berkeley for your support. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Lynda Ferguson of Walnut Creek, Susan Park of Oakland, Darothy Asbe of San Rafael, Christopher Regalo of Oakland and David Herr of Forestville for keeping KPFA Rising! • Shout out to Steve Aocino of Fairfax, Jeremy Cox of Oakland, DONNA MICKLESON of Berkeley, janet mccoll of Albany and Laura Ingram of Oakland. • Shout Out to ED TREUTING of Emeryville, Ron Duben of San Rafael, Robert H OSullivan of Oakland, Karen Stern of Berkeley and Luz Martinez Richmond for supporting listener sponsored radio.