- For the first time a court throws out part of the controversial U.S.A. Patriot Act as unconstitutional – a Federal Judge in Los Angeles rules that the Act’s prohibition on providing advice and assistance to groups on the government’s terrorist list is too vague and a violation of the First and Fifth Amendments
- A border agent appearing before the September 11th Commission testifies that the ringleader of the September 11th hijackers should never have made it into the country – the agent says he had the wrong student Visa
- Environmental groups claim a victory as the Department of Energy withdraws its approval of a contested bio-warfare facility at the Los Alamos National Laboratory – they’re fighting a similar facility planned for Lawrence Livermore Labs
- Last minute campaigning in New Hampshire where the first votes in the Democratic Presidential Primary will be cast in just 3 hours – Howard Dean says the contest is closer than the polls indicate
- The State Assembly passes a measure to guarantee minimum funding for services for developmentally disabled Californians
Attention: • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • Thanks to Brad Monnette of Redwood City, Joyce Speakman of Oakland, SIGI MITCHELL of Berkeley, Mercy Sequeira of Sunnyvale and Sandy Weil of San Francisco for your donations. • Thanks to SALLY SACHS of Berkeley, Cathleen Plutchok of Palo Alto, Phyllis Luckman of Oakland, DANNY GLOVER of Berkeley and Barbara Sampson of Concord for supporting us. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Larry Beauchemin of Fairfield, William Roller of Berkeley, Sarah Bridge of San Francisco, Ixtanyolha Esquivel of San Leandro and Robert Baldock of Berkeley for your support. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Lynda Ferguson of Walnut Creek, Susan Park of Oakland, Darothy Asbe of San Rafael, Christopher Regalo of Oakland and David Herr of Forestville for keeping KPFA Rising! • Shout out to Steve Aocino of Fairfax, Jeremy Cox of Oakland, DONNA MICKLESON of Berkeley, janet mccoll of Albany and Laura Ingram of Oakland. • Shout Out to ED TREUTING of Emeryville, Ron Duben of San Rafael, Robert H OSullivan of Oakland, Karen Stern of Berkeley and Luz Martinez Richmond for supporting listener sponsored radio.