- A 6.5 magnitude earthquake hits Central California – two people are dead – the quake is felt as far North as Napa and in Los Angeles to the South
- The lights are back on – but many questions remain about PG&E’s performance in the wake of this weekend’s blackout in San Francisco
- Iraqi resistance fighters detonate a roadside bomb killing two U.S. soldiers and their Iraqi translator
- Angry Palestinians throw shoes at Egypt’s Foreign Minister during his visit to the Al Aqsa Mosque in Jerusalem
- Health care, labor, and consumer groups stage a protest at the Macy’s Union Square store in San Francisco over the retail giant’s funding of a referendum to repeal a health care mandate for businesses
- A new report says state budget crises throughout the nation are stripping the country’s poorest families – and children – of health coverage
Attention: • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • Thanks to Brad Monnette of Redwood City, Joyce Speakman of Oakland, SIGI MITCHELL of Berkeley, Mercy Sequeira of Sunnyvale and Sandy Weil of San Francisco for your donations. • Thanks to SALLY SACHS of Berkeley, Cathleen Plutchok of Palo Alto, Phyllis Luckman of Oakland, DANNY GLOVER of Berkeley and Barbara Sampson of Concord for supporting us. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Larry Beauchemin of Fairfield, William Roller of Berkeley, Sarah Bridge of San Francisco, Ixtanyolha Esquivel of San Leandro and Robert Baldock of Berkeley for your support. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Lynda Ferguson of Walnut Creek, Susan Park of Oakland, Darothy Asbe of San Rafael, Christopher Regalo of Oakland and David Herr of Forestville for keeping KPFA Rising! • Shout out to Steve Aocino of Fairfax, Jeremy Cox of Oakland, DONNA MICKLESON of Berkeley, janet mccoll of Albany and Laura Ingram of Oakland. • Shout Out to ED TREUTING of Emeryville, Ron Duben of San Rafael, Robert H OSullivan of Oakland, Karen Stern of Berkeley and Luz Martinez Richmond for supporting listener sponsored radio.