- U.S. Occupation forces surround the Iraqi town of Samarra and conduct house to house searches for members of the armed resistance
- Some of Iraq’s neighbors want to take part in criminal proceedings against Saddam Hussein – a trial on Iran’s claims could implicate the U.S. for supplying the chemical weapons materiel Iraq used in the war against Iran in the 1990s
- A lawsuit seeks to stop the federal government from including immigration violations on a national criminal database used by local police agencies
- A San Bruno couple is fighting deportation to Mexico which would strand the family’s four U.S. born children in this country without their parents
- Environmentalists warn about the health consequences of San Joaquin Valley air pollution as officials take actions to delay a required smog clean up plan
- Costa Rica declines to join its Central American neighbors in a free trade agreement with the U.S.
Attention: • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • Thanks to Brad Monnette of Redwood City, Joyce Speakman of Oakland, SIGI MITCHELL of Berkeley, Mercy Sequeira of Sunnyvale and Sandy Weil of San Francisco for your donations. • Thanks to SALLY SACHS of Berkeley, Cathleen Plutchok of Palo Alto, Phyllis Luckman of Oakland, DANNY GLOVER of Berkeley and Barbara Sampson of Concord for supporting us. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Larry Beauchemin of Fairfield, William Roller of Berkeley, Sarah Bridge of San Francisco, Ixtanyolha Esquivel of San Leandro and Robert Baldock of Berkeley for your support. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Lynda Ferguson of Walnut Creek, Susan Park of Oakland, Darothy Asbe of San Rafael, Christopher Regalo of Oakland and David Herr of Forestville for keeping KPFA Rising! • Shout out to Steve Aocino of Fairfax, Jeremy Cox of Oakland, DONNA MICKLESON of Berkeley, janet mccoll of Albany and Laura Ingram of Oakland. • Shout Out to ED TREUTING of Emeryville, Ron Duben of San Rafael, Robert H OSullivan of Oakland, Karen Stern of Berkeley and Luz Martinez Richmond for supporting listener sponsored radio.