- A federal appeals court in San Francisco rules that the federal law outlawing marijuana may not apply to sick people with a doctor’s recommendation in California and other states that have approved medical marijuana laws
- What’s believed to be the longest nurse’s strike in State history has ended at Doctor’s Medical Center in San Pablo and Pinole
- Governor Schwarzenegger grants parole to a woman who spent 22 years in prison for the murder of a man who enslaved and raped her as an immigrant teenager
- Iraq’s new foreign minister lashes out at the United Nations saying it failed to rescue his country from Saddam Hussein’s "murderous tyranny", Secretary General Kofi Annan says he needs greater clarity from Iraq and the U.S. before the return of U.N. staff to Iraq
- International Answer, which organized many of the large anti-war demonstrations, has gone to court demanding the FBI disclose its surveillance activities against anti-war activists
- Government advisors say that the morning-after pill should be available without a prescription, on pharmacy shelves next to the aspirin and cough medicine
Attention: • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • Thanks to Brad Monnette of Redwood City, Joyce Speakman of Oakland, SIGI MITCHELL of Berkeley, Mercy Sequeira of Sunnyvale and Sandy Weil of San Francisco for your donations. • Thanks to SALLY SACHS of Berkeley, Cathleen Plutchok of Palo Alto, Phyllis Luckman of Oakland, DANNY GLOVER of Berkeley and Barbara Sampson of Concord for supporting us. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Larry Beauchemin of Fairfield, William Roller of Berkeley, Sarah Bridge of San Francisco, Ixtanyolha Esquivel of San Leandro and Robert Baldock of Berkeley for your support. • Click here to Donate to KPFA now! • A big thank you to Lynda Ferguson of Walnut Creek, Susan Park of Oakland, Darothy Asbe of San Rafael, Christopher Regalo of Oakland and David Herr of Forestville for keeping KPFA Rising! • Shout out to Steve Aocino of Fairfax, Jeremy Cox of Oakland, DONNA MICKLESON of Berkeley, janet mccoll of Albany and Laura Ingram of Oakland. • Shout Out to ED TREUTING of Emeryville, Ron Duben of San Rafael, Robert H OSullivan of Oakland, Karen Stern of Berkeley and Luz Martinez Richmond for supporting listener sponsored radio.