The KPFA Evening News, Weekdays – November 6, 2003
- Bush signs the largest emergency spending package in U.S. history for Iraq and Afghanistan.
- 2 more members of the U.S. military are killed in Iraq, along with 1 Polish soldier.
- The Bush Administration drops enforcement action against 50 power plants for past violations of the Clean Air Act.
- The man who put the California’s recall on the ballot is back with another initiative to redraw the states legislative and congressional districts.
- Attorney General Bill Lockyer says that charges that Governor Elect Schwarzenegger groped women will not go away unless Schwarzenegger cooperates with an independent investigation.
- A call for an end to energy deregulation in California and for an elected independent system operator
- Federal Judges block implementation of the new law banning a type of "late term abortion" procedure.