Tonight’s program remembers the Sandinista revolution of 1979 in Nicaragua and includes:
– News Headline’s from the Americas by Carmen Andrea Rivera and read by Langston Blues.
– Julieta Kusnir interviews Victor Martinez about the upcoming Bay Area visit of the infamous Chilean torture ship the Esmeralda. Now to be hailed innocently as a tourist attraction at Pier 29 in San Francisco.
– Alfonso Maciel speaks with Nina Serrano about the role of artists while he was director the Mission Cultural Center and the July 19th-1979 triumph of the Nicaraguan Sandinista revolution.
– Nina Serrano reads her poem: The Story of the Mission Cultural Center.
– Jason Wallach interviews Salvadoran musician Lolo Cutumay and samples his music before his concert this Saturday at the Mission Cultural Center.
– Esther Manila presents a calendar of cultural events.
– Ticket giveaway for Los Pleneros on Saturday, July 23rd at the Brava Theatre in San Francisco.