"Today’s Decision Would Make George Orwell Proud" — FCC Commissioner Michael Copps on the FCC’s Vote to Rewrite the Nation’s Media Ownership Rules
Shooting Back: The Israeli Human Rights Group B’Tselem Gives Palestinians Video Cameras to Document Life Under Occupation.
* Turkish Warplanes Continue Raids on Northern Iraq
* Australia and Poland To Withdraw Troops From Iraq
* Gates: U.S. Needs 7,500 More Troops in Afghanistan
* California to Sue EPA Over Auto Emissions Standards
* Lakota Indians Declare Sovereignty From U.S.
* FBI Builds Database of People’s Physical Characteristics
* Palestinians Urge Israel to Stop Settlement Expansion
* Israel Rules It Was OK To Use Cluster Bombs in Lebanon
* Hindu Politician Tied To 2002 Massacre Re-Elected in Gujarat
* Nepal to Abolish the Monarchy
* FBI’s Hoover Drafted Plan to Imprison 12,000 Americans