A coalition of private and public legal organizations have created a hotline in an effort to provide legal aide to fire victims across the state. The hotline number is 415-575-3120. Callers can also leave a message. Spanish and Chinese language attorneys will be on the hotline as well to guide victims through a variety of legal issues with a focus on the following:
- Landlord tenant legal issues
- Life, medical and property insurance issues
- Emergency aid applications (FEMA)
- Home repair contracts
- Mortgage foreclosure issues
- Replacement of wills and other important legal documents
- Additional legal resources related to disasters can be found on the State Bar’s website.
To check air quality and health advisories where you are: airnow.gov
Most organizations are telling us that cash helps more than supplies. Here are some places you can send it:
- UndocuFund: http://undocufund.org/ . Led by grassroots organizations, benefitting undocumented immigrants who have limited access to government-run relief programs.
- North Bay Fire Relief (Redwood Credit Union account): https://www.redwoodcu.org/northbayfirerelief
- Fire Relief Fund via Race For Kids Gran Fondo: https://tinyurl.com/RFK-Fire-Evacuees-Supply-Fund Local grassroots fundraiser with a team of volunteers who are buying supplies for shelters as new needs arise. Text Steve Cozza for mattress and cot pick-up at (707) 328-9766. Tax-deductible charity.
- Redwood Empire Food Bank: In constant need of cash for food supplies. https://interland3.donorperfect.net/weblink/WebLink.aspx?name=redempire&id=64
- United Way of Wine Country: Fundraising for fire relief support. www.unitedwaywinecountry.org
- You Caring Tubbs Fire Victims Fund: https://www.youcaring.com/tubbsfirevictimssantarosacommunity-976726
- Bay Area Firefighters & Families Fund:
- Wine Country Animal Lovers: In need of funds for pet surgeries/burn victims: WineCountryAnimalLovers.org/donate
- Hopalong & Second Chance: In need of funds for displaced animals and fostering programs. https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/hopalonganimalrescue
- Marin Humane Society: In need of funds for animal burn victims to offset the cost of care. marinhumane.org/fires
- Jonny Gomes: https://www.gofundme.com/707Relief
- Center for Volunteers & Nonprofit Leadership accepting online donations: https://www.flipcause.com/secure/cause_pdetails/MjQzMjQ=
- GoFundMe pages dedicated to fire relief: https://www.gofundme.com/raise-funds/CAfirerelief
- California Immigrant Youth Justice Alliance: https://www.ciyja.org/caliimmfirefunds
- Airbnb sign-up to host displaced persons: https://www.airbnb.com/welcome/evacuees/northerncaliforniafireevacuees
Coalition of North Bay Farmers accepting donations
- Website: http://www.farmersguild.org/north-bay-fire-relief.html
1-2-3-4 Go Records accepting donations
- Website: http://1234gorecords.com/events/
- Address: 420 40th Street #5, Oakland, CA 94609 OR 1038 Valencia Street, SF, CA 94110
RYSE Center accepting donations
- Website: https://rysecenter.org/
- Address: 205 41st Street, Richmond CA 94805
- Time: Monday-Friday from 9:00 AM to 7:30 PM
The Good Hop accepting donations
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/TheGoodHop/?rf=1668652616739871
- Address:2421 Telegraph Ave, Oakland, California
- Time: Accepting donations throughout the week
Sweet Bar Bakery accepting donations to be sent to Marin Civic Center
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/SweetBarBakery/
- Address: 2355 Broadway (At 24th), Oakland, California
The Ivy Room accepting donations
- Website: https://www.facebook.com/ivyroomalbany/
- Address: 860 San Pablo Ave, Albany, CA 94706
- Time: 4:00 PM-8:00 PM daily until further notice
Milo Foundation, animal sheltering needs
- Website: http://www.milofoundation.org/
- Address: 220 S Garrard Blvd, Richmond, CA 94801
- Time: 11:00 AM-5:00 PM
- To foster please call Milo at 510-900-2275 or email [email protected]
Other donation drop-off points:
- Sports Basement: https://goo.gl/aCWUDB
- Donation Drop-off List: https://goo.gl/4Vb1gK
- Les Schwab– All four locations are accepting donations! They can route people there. 1600 Santa Rosa Ave, Santa Rosa; 4341 Montgomery Drive, Santa Rosa; 5353 Redwood Drive, Rohnert Park; 6700 Hembree Lane, Windsor, CA
- Eventful Productions: At the DoubleTree Hotel in Rohnert Park is accepting (and distributing) all donations but are looking for non perishable foods and toiletries. They have men/women/children clothing, water, bathroom necessities, shoes, blankets… People are instructed to go to the back room across from the tennis courts. They will be open until 8pm
Any community members seeking to volunteer should contact the Sonoma County Emergency Operations Center Shelter division at 707-573-3399 to determine where they can be of assistance.
- Medical Professionals: Please contact the Red Cross at 707-577-7600 for volunteer placement and assessment. This number is used for all of Sonoma County.
- Driver needed to pick up supplies and deliver to sites in Petaluma. Large trunk, back seat, no truck required. Call 707-217-3936
- Petaluma Fairgrounds: Contact 707-283-3247
- Medical Professional Sign Up for shifts at the fairgrounds. (*Volunteer shifts rotate every 4 hours): 15-20 volunteers for shifts taking place 7am-12noon (this shift is covered now); 12noon- 5pm; 5pm-10pm. 5-7 volunteers for hours of 10pm-3am; 3am- 7am. Enter the fairgrounds from Gate #3 (Payran St). Park in the livestock area. Check in at Herzog Hall to be assigned a job.
- Cavanagh Center-426 8th Street: In MAJOR NEED of Girls Underwear ASAP
- Elks Lodge: (2105 South McDowell Blvd) Call 707-763-0901 ext 0 first for future volunteer needs (currently at capacity for volunteers).
- Lucchesi Center: Overnight help needed 10/11/17. Sign up at site.
- Calvary Chapel: Doing 6 hours shifts. Call to sign up for future shifts (707) 766-1567
- Casa Grande Parking Lot – Student Parking lot needs cleaning due to lots of people going through this week
- New Life Christian Center: Volunteer Sign Up
- Petaluma People Services Center are looking for Emergency Home Shares. They are looking to find temporary housing for those displaced by the fire. If you are interested in hosting please contact PPSC SHARE Sonoma County at [email protected]
Santa Rosa/Rohnert Park/Sebastopol
- Santa Rosa Fairgrounds: Needs help feeding livestock. Expecting more to show up animals to show up this afternoon. This is also the staging area for firefighters and the army, so water and food for them too.
- Sonoma County Red Cross Red Cross is in need of volunteers to assist fire evacuees. Red Cross has exhausted their volunteer pool and many additional hands are now needed during this emergency. Anyone interested can call 707-573-3399 to volunteer or signup via their website at http://tinyurl.com/RedCrossVolOctober2017
- Redwood Empire Food Bank All needs are met currently. Check back at 3pm for update of needs. Call first: 573-3399 for potential volunteer needs. To volunteer click here
- Analy High School – 6950 Analy Ave Sebastopol – NEED SPANISH SPEAKERS for translation needs
- Sonoma Valley High – 20000 Broadway, Sonoma, CA: in need of clothing donations
- Santa Rosa Memorial: needs medical staff
- American Red Cross: Doubletree Hotel in R.P. Training at 9am-5pm
- Hopalong and Second Chance: In desperate need of animal fosters, particularly kittens. To foster, go to www.hopalong.org/foster/. Also REALLY NEED supplies immediately. If you can, PLEASE DONATE. https://donatenow.networkforgood.org/hopalonganimalrescue
- MARIN COUNTY NEEDS. Please reference this doc. It is being updated by a separate team > https://docs.google.com/document/d/11K-2ubyB6_YsRVQW3RphtonfG1G1dz2ng2Y8dex4Enc
- Marin Center Exhibit Hall – If you wish to volunteer, do not show up, please register here > https://cvnl.org/volunteerism/
- Lighthouse Church – 1915 Novato Blvd Novato: Needs Toddler Clothes, specifically 2T-3T boys and girls
- Napa Valley College – Seeking volunteers to help sort donations. Currently in need of the following: – Pillowcases (new), Sanitary wipes, Tampons, Pads, Flip flops, shower sandals, Blankets, sheets (new), Under clothes (new) (all sizes and genders), Lip balm, Baby clothes (new), Pillows (new), respiratory masks, water.
To sign up for Nixle updates from your local police department, including evacuation notices: text your zipcode to 888777
- Shut off the gas to your home. Instructions: https://www.pge.
- Shut off the electricity to your home.
- Crowd outside road barriers to survey damage — you’ll be impeding access by emergency vehicles.
- Launch drones to photograph the fire or damage — they interfere with emergency aircraft involved in firefighting.
- Stir up ash at the site of burned homes – it can be toxic.