Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Vice President Kamala Harris rallies in the Bay Area to support Governor Gavin Newsom, who faces a recall election.
- Democratic leaders pledge to follow through with President Joe Biden’s $3.5 trillion dollar human infrastructure package, amid calls for a lower price tag.
- Secretary of State Antony Blinken calls on Taliban to allow passenger flights to leave Afghanistan with people seeking to flee the country.
- World Health Organization doubles down it’s call to suspend COVID-19 booster shots in developed nations, until poorer countries are more vaccinated.
- Virginia takes down statute of Confederate General Robert E. Lee.
- 3,100 acre Tesla Park near Livermore will be preserved as a state park under new agreement with Bay Area lawmakers and Governor Gavin Newsom.
- California lawmakers unanimously pass bill requiring labels for products that contain PFA’s, a class of 9,000 chemicals-some are linked to cancer.
Photo of Vice President Kamala Harris in San Leandro, Ca with Governor Gavin Newsom from Newsom’s Twitter.