Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden tours Hurricane Ida’s destruction in New Jersey and New York, calls for infrastructure funding to address climate change.
- Climate conference urges funding to adapt to climate change.
- Louisiana officials rescind licenses for 7 nursing homes, after 800 seniors were left in a warehouse during Hurricane Ida with little support; 7 died.
- Taliban says it’s formed all male government, reports surface of Taliban repressing Afghan demonstrations.
- Homeland Security Secretary says 50,000 people from Afghanistan are expected to relocate to U.S., after they’re are fully vetted.
- Texas Governor Greg Abbott signs new voting restrictions into law.
- Homeless advocates rally in San Francisco demanding extension of Shelter In Place hotels for the homeless during the pandemic.