Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Governor Gavin Newsom signs 5 police reform bills including one to strip badges from bad cops.
- Congress passes bill funding the government as the Treasury Secretary urges eliminating debt ceiling.
- Democratic Party at odds over $3.5 trillion dollar infrastructure bill.
- Immigrant rights advocates arrested, shut down Golden Gate Bridge demanding immigration reform.
- California eviction moratorium expires.
- School officials urge Biden administration investigate threats against school workers amidst pandemic.
- California officials urge 15% water use cuts, warn of dire drought year exacerbated by climate change.
Photo of immigration reform rally and blockade on Golden Gate bridge by Charlie Furman.