Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- California Governor ‘considering’ vaccine mandate for California school children.
- City of San Jose apologizes for “racist” and “xenophobic” role in 1887 arson of city’s Chinatown.
- Los Angeles City Council considers COVID-19 vaccine mandate to enter restaurants and other businesses, punts vote to next week.
- House Democrats lift nations debt ceiling, amidst Republican obstruction and rhetoric.
- Workers rights advocates urge Governor Gavin Newsom extend supplemental COVID-19 paid sick leave until pandemic is over.
- Environmentalist Greta Thunberg slams global leaders for failure to take action and combat climate change.
- San Jose City Council bans sale of flavored tobacco.
- Los Angeles City Council considers ban on flavored tobacco.
- Senate hearing examines Texas abortion ban and shadow docket decision of Supreme Court.