Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom announces $15 billion climate package, environmentalists say fails to address root causes of climate crisis.
- Democrats say they’ve agreed on social and climate budget reconciliation spending framework, as Republican leaders urge no votes.
- House passes two amendments to end U.S. support of Saudi Arabia’s war on Yemen in defense spending bill.
- Progressives introduce legislation to impose an eviction moratorium during pandemic-the Keeping Renters Safe Act.
- California Governor signs two bills protecting abortion access and privacy rights, declares California “reproductive freedom state.”
- Florida to impose new anti-abortion ban similar to Texas one that provides $10,000 bounty for turning in those who aide and abet abortions.
- 2 dead and 13 injured in mass shooting at Kroger’s grocery store in Memphis suburb.
- San Diego becomes the first city in California to ban ghost guns.