Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Widespread outrage over video of border agent whipping Haitian immigrant attempting to cross Rio Grande into U.S.
- Thousands rally in Washington D.C. for March for immigration, care and climate.
- President Joe Biden speaks at United Nations General Assembly, calls for diplomacy and climate change action.
- California to accept +5,000 Afghan refugees, hundreds to arrive in Santa Clara County.
- East Bay lawmakers throw support behind legislation to protect abortion access pending in congress.
- Coup attempt in Sudan’s fledgling democracy fails, supporters of ousted President arrested.
- AC Transit workers, bus drivers, demand hazard pay, enter negotiations with Alameda County.