Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- At least 46 dead as Hurricane Ida hits east coast, bringing historic flash flood warnings.
- President Joe Biden urges passage of $1.5 infrastrcuture bill to address climate change worsened wildfires and hurricane.
- Cooler weather helps fire crews battle Caldor fire threatening Lake Tahoe communities.
- Congressional hearing on dire Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change report.
- Democrats blast Texas abortion ban, vow to fight it and pass bill legalizing abortion.
- Mother of Elijah McClain welcomes charges against officers-paramedic who killed him.
- Virginia Governor grants posthumous pardons of Martinsville 7.
- Berkeley joins San Francisco to mandate vaccine proof to enter restaurants and bars.
- San Diego Supervisors declare health misinformation a public crisis, amidst pandemic.
- DoorDash gig workers rally outside CEO’s Pacific Heights home demanding better pay and working conditions.
Photo of Hurricane Ida flooding in New York, by New York State Department of Environmental Conservation.