Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Director of Centers for Disease Control disputes president’s pledge of COVID-19 vaccine this year.
- Navajo Nation willingness to test future coronavirus vaccine, under scrutiny.
- San Francisco Mayor London Breed opens more industries, keeps social distancing guidelines.
- Hurricane Sally forces thousands to evacuate and leaves +500,000 without power.
- Census data shows median income highest ever in 2019; uninsured numbers also rose.
- Democrats demand investigation into alleged forced immigrant hysterectomies in Georgia.
- As unprecedented fires rage in California and Oregon, smoke is seen as far as Europe.
- San Jose City Council passes police reforms, but continues use of rubber coated steel bullets.
- LGBTQ advocates urge Governor’s support of transgender inmate bill.
Photo from Georgia Detention Watch press conference