Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden announces new Indo-Pacific alliance with Australia and United Kingdom.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom beats back Republican recall; lawmakers to reform recall process.
- Gymnasts testify to the failures of the F.B.I and U.S. Gymnastics in Larry Nassar sexual abuse case.
- Democrats in House committee pass $2 trillion tax increases on the rich to pay for President’s human infrastructure plan.
- Progressive Democrats introduce Fossil Fuel Finance Act to ban bank investments in fossil fuels.
- Democrats and clean air advocates urge billions in funding to transition to electric school buses.
- U.S. hits COVID-19 milestone: 1 in every 500 people succumbed to COVID-19.
Photo from Gavin Newsom.