Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Democrats introduce federal voting rights bill to counter rise of state laws limiting voting rights.
- Last day to vote in the recall election of California Governor Gavin Newsom.
- Bay Area voters respond to recall election.
- Biden administration grilled but defends Afghanistan exit at senate hearing.
- United Nations human rights chief reports “perilous” Taliban killings of former Afghan security forces.
- National Park Service extends land leases to farmers at Pt. Reyes, despite protests of environmentalists.