Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Donald Trump defends lying to the public about the coronavirus threat.
- Democrats block narrow Republican coronavirus relief bill, say it doesn’t address national need.
- Governors testify before congress about the need for funding amidst coronavirus pandemic.
- Wildfires scorch more than 3 million acres in California, 5 million acres in west coast.
- Creek Fire in Fresno County spreads to 176,000 acres, remains uncontained.
- Bay Area air quality plummets as wildfires scorch California; experts point to climate change.Democrats warn Republicans trying to suppress vote amidst coronavirus pandemic.
Photo of San Francisco by Zeke Perezdiez.