Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Los Angeles City Council enacts nation’s strictest vaccine mandate to enter business establishments.
- Republicans to agree lifting debt ceiling into December to avoid default on debt, criticized for “kicking can down the road.”
- Assistant Attorney General Kirsten Clark testifies voting discrimination “alive and well” at senate hearing on John Lewis Voting Rights Act.
- Huntington Beach oil spill leaks 126,000 gallons into southern California beaches, ignites renewed calls for offshore oil and gas drilling ban.
- Arizona’s Democratic Party threatens to pull support for Senator Kirsten Synema for stonewalling President Biden’s $3 trillion Build Back Better plan.