Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Senator Bernie Sanders demands President’s Build Back Better plan include medicare expansion, White House says it won’t include everything they want.
- F.D.A. advisory panel approves kid-size Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine for 5-11 year olds.
- San Francisco Supervisors introduce first in the nation ordinance to help domestic workers access paid leave they’re entitled to.
- Lawmakers grill CEO’s of social media companies Snapchat, TikTok and YouTube about impacts on childhood mental health.
- Peace activists block entrances to Beale Air Force Base in Marysville, California to protest drone warfare program that killed family of 10 in Afghanistan.
- More prosecutors flee San Francisco District Attorney’s office, support recall; District Attorney Chesa Boudin kicks off reject recall campaign.
- Weather Underground activist, David Gilbert, released from prison, after 40 years incarceration for involvement in shooting death of armed guard.
- Contra Costa County Deputy Sheriff Andrew Hall found guilty of assault with a firearm in 2018 shooting death of Laudemer Arboleda.
- Governor Gavin Newsom tours site of the new University of California Merced Medical School, the first public medical school in the Central Valley.