Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- California joins San Francisco’s historic lawsuit against ghost gun manufacturers.
- President Joe Biden opens Los Angeles Port 24/7 in an effort to beat back inflation.
- World Health Organization releases report finding climate change is the biggest threat to human health.
- Union representing 60,000 film and TV stage hands says will strike if demands in pay and working conditions aren’t met.
- 90 people arrested at day 3 of People Vs. Fossil Fuels action demanding President Joe Biden declare a climate emergency.
- COVID-19 infections down 12%, deaths down 5% nationwide–officials cite increase in vaccinations.
- World Health Organization honors the late Henrietta Lacks.
- Violence hits presidential campaigns in Zimbabwe as sparring factions begin campaigning ahead of 2023 elections.
- Tenants of San Francisco’s largest landlord rally outside headquarters demanding rent relief and eviction moratorium.
Photo collage of Attorney General Rob Bonta at a ghost guns press conference and ghost guns seized by San Francisco Police.