Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- 155 indigenous and climate justice activists arrested in Washington D.C. at People Vs. Fossil Fuels week of action.
- House votes to lift nation’s debt ceiling until December, avoiding a federal government shutdown and first-time-ever default.
- British official urges greater funding for poorer nations to address climate change, ahead of COP26 climate gathering.
- Contra Costa County Supervisors unanimously declares COVID-19 misinformation a “public health crisis.”
- House releases damming preliminary report on Donald Trump’s attempts to overturn the 2020 election and incite Capitol siege.
- Wisconsin Attorney General calls for investigation into 2020 election results be shut down.
- Renters, housing rights advocates and two Antioch city council members call for stronger renter protections.