Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- 100,000’s march in Scotland at COP26 climate talks, blast fossil fuel industry influence at discussions.
- The Biden administration welcomes bipartisan infrastructure bill and begins campaign blitz for it and Build Back Better.
- U.S. lifts COVID-19 era travel bans, allowing foreign visitors into the country, but imposes vaccine requirements.
- Los Angeles begins mask mandates to enter businesses like restaurants and retail stores amidst COVID-19 increase.
- Supreme Court considers Muslim bias lawsuit against the F.B.I, which claims state’s secrets.
- Man shot by Kyle Rittenhouse at racial injustice protest, testifies against him at murder trial.
- Biden administration announces arrest and charges against ransom and spy ware hackers.
- Nicaragua President, Daniel Ortega, wins re-election for a 4th term; international critics call election a sham.
- Human rights advocates blast Israeli spyware used on Palestinian activists.
Photo by Climate Justice Alliance at COP26.