Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden promotes infrastructure and Build Back Better agenda at Michigan electric vehicle plant.
- Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer promotes climate action in Build Back Better legislation.
- Moderna requests FDA approval of it’s COVID-19 booster shot for all adults older 18 years.
- Congressional hearing probes U.S. role in vaccine equity during global pandemic.
- Unprecedented 100,000 drug overdose deaths in 2020, amidst the pandemic, a 30% increase from 2019.
- Man who shot and killed Ahmaud Arbery testifies in his murder trial of the black man, claiming self defense.
- Two men convicted in assassination of Malcolm X will be cleared after decades long prison sentence.
- Lecturers at University of California campuses call off strike, after early morning contract deal.
- Santa Clara County Supervisors vote to protect 7,400 acre Coyote Valley preserve from development.
- Congress censures Republican Paul Gosar for anime video of him attacking President and woman Democrat.
Photo: (CC BY-SA 2.0), Gage Skidmore, 2021.