Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden signs $1.5 trillion bipartisan infrastructure bill into law.
- Donald Trump ally Steve Bannon indicted for defying subpoena from panel investigating January 6th insurrection.
- Attorneys for three men on trial for killing Ahmaud Arbery request mistrial due to civil rights activists in the courtroom.
- Nations most impacted by climate change blast climate agreements at COP 26 as watered down and monumental failure.
- Amazon fined $500,000 for failing to adequately notify state and workers of workplace COVID-19 infections.
- Closing arguments made in Kyle Rittenhouse’s murder trial for killing two people at racial justice protest, wounding third.
- Biden administration proposes 20-year ban on oil and gas drilling at Chaco Canyon in New Mexico, a UNESCO site.
- 50,000 Kaiser Permanente workers call of strike, reach tentative labor agreement.
Photo collage of screenshots from Kyle Rittenhouse trial closing arguments, by the Wisconsin Court System.