Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.\
- Federal judge rejects former President Donald Trump’s request to block January 6th committee subpoena for records.
- Kyle Rittenhouse takes the stand in his murder trial for fatally shooting two and wounding 1 at an anti-racist protest.
- Trial of three white men charged with killing black man, Ahmed Arbery, slammed as racist, with only 1 black person on jury.
- U.S. and China agree to collaborate on emission reductions targets at COP26 climate talks in Gloscow, Scotland.
- Climate justice activists at COP26 warn the push for electric vehicles and green energy, driving mining demand, not so green.
- Climate change putting California salmon population at risk of extinction, and endangering fishing economy and coastal waters.
- President Joe Biden promotes bipartisan $1 trillion infrastructure and $1.85 trillion social spending plans as solution to inflation.
- 900,000 children ages 5-11 expected to receive COVID-19 vaccine by day’s end.
- California health officials warn of possible COVID-19 surge during holidays.
- Faculty at California State University rally outside board of trustee meeting, demanding labor contract with 4% pay raise.
Photo of anti mining rally at #COP26 by Earthworks.