Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Senate Republican delays vote on $1.9 trillion pandemic relief bill, American Rescue Plan.
- House approves sweeping voting rights bill to expand voting access and protections.
- Deb Haaland, Department of Interior Secretary nominee advances to full senate.
- House approves police reform bill, named after black man killed by police in 2020.
- Governor Gavin Newsom reserves 40% of COVID-19 vaccines for hardest hit zip codes.
- California senate passes $6.6 billion bill to incentivize reopening classrooms.
- Florida under scrutiny for sending vaccines to wealthy retirement community.
- White House defends President’s “neanderthal” comment of Republicans who roll back COVID-19 protections.
Screen shot of video taken of police killing of George Floyd.