Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Democrats acquiesce to moderate and Republican demands to limit $1,400 pandemic relief payment.
- Party line tie vote of HHS Secretary nominee, Xavier Becerra, California Attorney General.
- House Democrats poised to pass For the People Act to protect and expand voting rights.
- Senate testimony: Pentagon limited and delayed National Guard’s deployment during pro-Trump insurrection at capitol.
- Federal authorities warn of right wing attack March 4th at capitol to inaugurate Donald Trump.
- California Senate Democrats propose bill to seal criminal records after 2 years of no convictions.
- California snowpack much lower than average, on pace for another critically dry year.