Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Senate hearing on For the People Act to expand voting rights and protections.
- President Joe Biden picks Vice President Kamala Harris to tackle nation’s immigration crisis.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom nominates Alameda County Assemblyman Rob Bonta for Attorney General.
- Senate confirms first transgender to cabinet post, Dr. Rachel Levine, as Assistant Secretary of Health.
- President Joe Biden calls for end to gender pay gap on Equal Pay Day.
- 700 janitors go on strike in San Francisco, demand better wages and protections.
Photo of Dr. Rachel Levine by The Office of Governor Tom Wolf.