Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Day 2 of senate confirmation hearing for President Joe Biden’s Supreme Court nominee, Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson.
- Russian forces enter city of Maripul, where 200,000 people are trapped.
- Ukraine accuses Russia of kidnapping 2,398 children, forcing them into Russia.
- Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelenskyy appeals for a peace deal.
- United Nations Secretary General calls for end to Russia’s “absurd” war, says Ukrainians are in a “living hell.”
- Thousands of volunteers descend on Poland to provide humanitarian aid to Ukrainian refugees.
- Tenants warn of eviction surge, as California’s rental relief program and COVID-19 eviction protections end in 10 days and 275,000 rent relief applicants have yet to receive it.
- San Francisco Supervisors unanimously approve temporary moratorium on parcel delivery services, after Amazon proposes 275,000 square foot warehouse.
- Richmond city council rejects controversial plan that would fund development of 2,000 high end luxury condos at Point Molate.
- Tornadoes rip through Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana and Mississippi-at least 1 dead.
Official photo of Judge Ketanji Brown Jackson.