Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden declares “The United States is back” during first overseas trip to G-7 meeting.
- House hearing on opioid crisis scrutinizes the Sackler family’s role, owners of Purdue.
- TC Energy says it will pull plug on the Keystone XL pipeline, after President Biden axed the permit.
- California Governor’s $1 billion homeless plan wins approval of major cities coalition.
- San Jose city officials propose new first-of-its-kind gun control measures.
- Coalition on Homelessness sues San Francisco to stop “poverty tows” of cars people live in.
- House hearing considers investments in ocean health and technology.
- Leaked IRS documents show nation’s super wealthy paid 3.4% in taxes 2014-2018.