Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden and Russian President Vladimir Putin meet, initiate arms accord.
- Anti-nuclear weapons advocates rally at G7, urging US and Russian disarmament.
- Violence erupts between Israel and Hamas over Israeli occupation.
- Vice President Kamala Harris meets with Texas lawmakers who blocked bill to restrict voting rights.
- Juneteenth becomes new federal holiday in U.S. marking end of slavery.
- Senate hearing on Women’s Health Protection Act, to protect abortion rights.
- Advocates urge cancellation of utility bills, for those unable to pay due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Andrew Hall, Contra Costa County Sheriff’s Deputy, pleads not guilty to fatal shooting of Laudemer Arboldea.
- California is one step closer to removing indentured servitude from it’s constitution.