Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Haiti’s autocratic President, Jovenal Moise, is assassinated by men claiming to be U.S. Drug Enforcement Agents.
- President Joe Biden promotes bipartisan infrastructure deal in Illinois.
- Search and Rescue efforts end for survivors of the Florida condo collapse after death toll increases to 54.
- Former President Donald Trump sues social media companies Twitter and Facebook, claiming censorship.
- World Health Organization warns pandemic is not over as U.S. eases restrictions.
- Restoration plan for the Giant Sequoia National Monument, torched in 2020 wildfire, fuels debate.
- California Attorney General announces teams to investigate fatal police shootings.
- New York Governor declared state of emergency over gun violence, signs law to sue gun companies.
- Bill to require health insurers fully cover contraception clears California assembly committee.
- Bill to extend California workplace protections to domestic workers advances in state legislature.
Photo of video shot during Jovenal Moise assassination, from the Journal la Diaspora @journalladiaspo.