Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Civil rights icon and congressman, John Lewis, honored at Atlanta funeral.
- President Donald Trump suggests delaying U.S. presidential election.
- 2.2 million new unemployment claims filed last week, as GDP sinks 33%.
- President Trump threatens to send national guard to Portland, as federal troops pullout.
- Mayors of several major cities oppose use of federal troops unless requested.
- Chicago activists and lawmakers speak out against I.C.E. Academy.
- Federal judge bans Oakland police from using munition, other weapons on protesters.
- House approves two child care bills, report warns the pandemic is hurting industry.
- Family of slain soldier who claimed sexual harassment in army meet president.