Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden announces pandemic work requirements for federal workers and contractors.
- World Health Organization warns African countries under vaccinated.
- Texas Democrats testify at House hearing on state bills to limit voting rights.
- Federal eviction moratorium expires Saturday, House hearing eyes evictions by corporate landlords.
- Democrats may include immigration reform in budget reconciliation.
- California Governor Gavin Newsom tours damage of Tamarack wildfire.
- Indigenous activists end 20,000 mile journey to nations capitol to protect sacred sites and stop Line 3 pipeline.
- California becomes first state to expand health coverage to elderly undocumented immigrants.
- San Francisco Supervisors hail “people’s budget” despite a $25 million increase to sheriff’s.
Photo by Whitney Gravelle.