Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention issue new mask wearing guidelines as COVID-19 cases soar.
- Capitol police describe violence and bigotry during January 6th insurrection at a House Select Committee hearing.
- Senate Democrats make last ditch effort to pass bipartisan infrastructure legislation.
- Cooler weather help firefighters battle major California fires.
- San Francisco Supervisors consider electrification of all buildings, not just new ones.
- Group of Democrats call for extending moratorium on student loan repayments.
- San Francisco Supervisors to pass “people’s budget” that’s criticized for increased sheriff’s funding.
Photo by Tim Aubry of Greenpeace.