Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Republicans block debate of a bipartisan infrastructure package; Democrats vow to return to the issue.
- House Speaker Nancy Pelosi rejects two Republican’s appointed to House Commission on January 6th insurrection.
- COVID-19 infections tripled in the last two weeks nationwide, as more cities reimpose mask wearing.
- Fires continue scorching the west, as Oregon battles 9 major wildfires, and smoke blankets East Coast cities.
- Experts warn inequities will drive climate change casualties during congressional hearing on recent heat wave.
- Bay Area Air Quality Management District votes to increase air quality standards for Chevron refinery in Richmond.
- Environmental groups urge Biden Administration to impose tougher, bold clean car standards.
Photo of Chevron refinery fire in Richmond, Ca by Nick Fullerton.