Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- COVID-19 Delta Variant spreads to Capitol Hill, infecting aides to White House and House Speaker.
- COVID-19 deaths on the rise, nationwide, as Delta variant becomes dominant coronavirus in the U.S.
- Bipartisan legislation proposed to reign in Presidential war powers and limit arms sales.
- Democrats pledge climate corps funding in $3.5 trillion human infrastructure package.
- Death toll in Germany rises to 165 from floods.
- 83 large wildfires scorching 1.3 million acres in the U.S.
- Oakland city council amends Howard Terminal ball park project, Oakland A’s says not good enough.
Photo from Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer on twitter @SenSchumer.