Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Biden marks 1 year anniversary of deadly January 6th insurrection with rebuke of former President Trump.
- Democrats mark January 6th insurrection warning it can happen again, Republicans largely amiss.
- Nationwide candlelight vigils planned to commemorate January 6th, call for voting rights protections.
- Central Valley Democrat recounts his experience being trapped in the house chamber during January 6th.
- W.H.O. warns Omicron variant won’t be the last COVID-19 mutation, until global vaccination campaign.
- COVID-19 surge in California causes staffing shortage in schools, hospitals, police and fire departments.
- Chicago schools close for 3rd day, as teachers union battles with school district over safety measures.
- French lawmakers pass vaccine mandate to enter restaurants, spas, cinemas and domestic flights.
- Chief of federal Bureau of Prisons resigns amidst prison scandals and handling of the pandemic.
- California lawmakers introduce legislation to finance universal health care in the state–a tax on the wealthy.
Photo of January 6th insurrection by Blink O’fanaye.