Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- Attorney General vows to hold accountable anyone involved in the Capitol insurrection, on eve of 1 year anniversary.
- New Chief of Capitol police warns of staffing shortage and future threats-cites 9,600 threats made to congress in 2021.
- Former Trump administration official details planned coup after the 2019 election, called “Green Bay Sweep.”
- An advisory panel to the CDC endorses boosters for children as young as 12, as nation tops 1 million daily infections this week.
- California extends mask wearing mandate for 1 month, as child hospitalizations increase.
- Chicago Schools close for a second day as teachers and district battle over adequate safety protocols.
- Human rights groups blast Israel for designating several Palestinian NGO’s as terrorist groups.
- San Francisco teachers blast school district over handling of COVID-19 testing and safety protocols.
- Black Lives Matter protesters sue Sacramento police alleging discrimination and harassment.