Comprehensive coverage of the day’s news with a focus on war and peace; social, environmental and economic justice.
- President Joe Biden’s pick to lead the C.I.A. receives bipartisan praise, pledges independence, calls Russia a threat.
- House to vote on $1.9 trillion coronavirus relief bill Friday with no Republican support.
- Nominee to lead Department of Interior, Deb Haaland, faces 2nd day of Republican scrutiny at hearing.
- Protesters blockade entrance to Endbridge Line 3 oil pipeline in Minnesota.
- Protests erupt in New York over decision not to charge police in Daniel Prude’s death.
- Berkeley passes police reform; Oakland activists assess recommendations for police reform.
- California lawmakers call for extension of emergency 10-day paid sick leave.